Immigration Petitions for Qualified Family Members

Certain Family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to obtain immigrant visas as a result of their relationship. We have been helping family members obtain visas for over ten years. Contact us today to begin your visa application process. Contact their immigration attorneys in Washington DC, Michigan, Columbus, or Cleveland, Ohio to discuss your immigration needs.

We can help you obtain a K visa for your fiancé or spouse (husband or wife) living abroad. The K visa allows a foreign national fiancé or spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. to complete the immigrant visa process.

You are entitled to a K-3 visa classification if you are foreign national married to a U.S. citizen and living abroad. The consulate issuing the visa must be in the country in which the marriage took place. If the marriage took place in the United States, the consulate is the one with jurisdiction over your current residence. Your unmarried child may receive a K-4 visa classification as well.

You can obtain a K-1 visa classification if you are a foreign national who is a fiancé of a U.S. citizen and you and your U.S. citizen fiancé are free to marry. You must also have met with your fiancé in person within the last two years before filing for the fiancé visa. You and your fiancé must marry within 90 days of your entering the United States. Your unmarried child can receive a K-2 visa to accompany you to enter the United States.

Common questions about fiancé visas include:

  • What does the United States Consul consider before granting a fiancé visa?
  • What documents are necessary to complete the visa petition?
  • How (or when) must I prove that a bona fide wedding is intended?
  • May I include my children in my petition?

Family Members Living Abroad- Immigration Process

Trying to help your family member immigrate to the U.S. is an important and intimate process. Our attorneys appreciate this fact and will work closely with you to ensure that all details are tended to and that the process will go as smoothly as possible. If you are in one of the following categories, you may qualify for an immigrant visa (a green card):

  • Spouse of U.S. citizen
  • Parent, child, son, daughter, brother, or sister of U.S. citizen

Spouse, unmarried son or daughter, or child of a green card holder

If you are adopting a foreign-born child, we can help you maneuver through the complex legal process of bringing a child to the United States. Adoption involves both state and federal laws. Our lawyers can help clients through the complexities of this emotional process.